Sunday, October 3, 2010

Passion

Passion to me is one of the most important words in the entire dictionary. It is a word that speaks volumes to me and anyone who knows me. I am a very passionate person. Everything I do, I do it with passion. I am an athlete, a student, a employee, a friend; I am all these things and more but the one thing that makes these things the same is that I do it with passion.

My obsession with passion actually started in school. I had wonderful teachers growing up, especially in the schools. All the way through grade school, I have been blessed with passion except for one year. My 6th grade year was a rough year. It is funny looking back on the year now and realize that you don't know how important passion is in a classroom until it is not there.

During this time in 6th grade, I fell in a state of vegetation. My teacher was extremely old, unmotivated, and plain lazy. She was clearly there merely because she had to be in order to make ends meet. Day after day, my classmates and I were forced to sit threw her class and it began to wear on us.

The thing that bothered me the most was that my teacher didn't value my education. Teaching this class to her was just another year and to be it was a huge year in my elementary education. I began to resent her for this. I began to resent her lack of passion and ugly sweaters.

As you can see, for me passion was essential. How am I suppose to get excited about learning if the teacher them-self's are not even excited? Teaching is all about passion. Teaching is all about get excited to learn. When someone lacks passion, it is hard to get motivated. Motivation thrives on passion. Passion is something I am extremely passionate about. Without passion, teachers are nothing. They need to be passion cheerleaders who are the most important advocates in their students lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment